Last two weeks were dedicated completely to code refactoring where I converted a couple of server level page to MVC architecture. This is a continuation of what started during the last GSoC where we started to take up MVC architecture.
I started with server_variables.php page and created a new controller named ServerVariablesController to handle all interactions from the page. Refactoring included moving the HTML generation to 'View' (using templating) and organizing previous functions into methods and introducing instance variables where appropriate.
Refactor server variables page to use MVC architecture
Refactor server databases page to use MVC architecture
Simplify database dropping
Merge the functionalities of display_create_database.lib.php, db_create.php and build_html_for_db.lib.php into ServerDatabasesController
Refactor server charsets page to use MVC architecture
Organize controllers into a better package hierarchy
I also engaged in fixing coding style violations, both introduced by refactoring as well as the ones that already existed. Further, I updated the test suite to account for newly introduced controller classes and now removed functions.
Coding style improvements
Fix coding style violations
Update unit tests for new controller classes