Monday, July 27, 2015

phpMyAdmin work during forty second week

During this week I attended to a mix of bug fixes and feature enhancements.

I installed upcoming MySQL 5.7 and paid attention to areas in phpMyAdmin that needs to be updated to work with 5.7. First of all I noticed that I am unable to create phpMyAdmin configuration storage table since TIMESTAMP columns in them lacked a default value and this is not allowed in MySQL 5.7. Moreover I attended to a couple of UI bugs I happen to notice while I was working. Following are the bugs that were fixed.

Bugs fixed
#1808 "Improve table structure" generates invalid SQL
#1817 Creating configuration storage tables fail in MySQL 5.7
UI fixes in error reporting feature
Fix legend for table SQL page
Fix gutter style for normal and dark console themes

On the feature enhancement front, the major work was to improve the rtl language support. There were quite a number of instances that were broken even in the current stable version. Since Arabic is not shipped currently due to lack of translation, these were fixed in master branch. While some of these were style changes, others involved changing the DOM structure. Additionally, I attended to some UI improvements as well as improvements targeting MySQL 5.7

Feature enhancements
UI improvements in the 'Variables' and 'SQL' pages
Allow linking MySQL 5.7 document links
Terminology improvements in the 'User accounts' and 'Privileges' pages
Document SQL parameter binding feature
Improve support for rtl languages
Update ChangeLog links
Mark MySQL 5.7 'sys' schema as a system schema

Since GSoC work is ongoing, we could observer an increase in coding style violations reported by PHPCS. During the week, I attended to these violations as well.

Code quality improvements
Fix PHP coding style violations reported by PHPCS

P.S. This was a four day week with me taking leave on Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment