During this week I was back to bug fixing. This is mainly because the GSoC application deadline has passed and the pull request rush from potential GSoC students have declined. So I had a look at the bug tracker and did some cleaning up and fixing. Here are the bugs fixed during the week.
#3292 Incoherent backup generated
#4067 Import Resume at breakpoint failure
#4754 pMA DB not detected properly
#4821 Timed-out import fails to restart when file represented
#4825 Datepicker missing when changing number of rows on Insert page
#4831 Recaptcha API v2
#4832 Sorting distinct values result loses links
#4834 Do not attach token to css requests to improve caching
#4835 PMA_hideShowConnection not called after submit_num_fields
#4836 server warning after moving from console to Direct clicks
Apparently, allowing users to resubmit import files when import fails due to timeout has been broken for some time. Now that it is fixed user is presented a link to click when the import hits timeout and this link takes the user to import interface to resubmit the file with parameters carrying the details of where to restart the import from.
Additionally following bugs were investigated.
#3689 Variable 'character_set_client' can't be set
#4827 TEXT formatting doesn't work after editing
#4826 Two inline edit windows
#4829 Create procedure via SQL Editor not more possible
Feature requests received relatively less attention during this week. I started working on supporting .xz compression. I did most of the work and a pull request for the same is was submitted. However, I had a hard time installing and configuring xz compression im my environment and wasted almost half a day trying. So I have to get someone else's help to test my PR.
Feature requests implemented
#1621 Add support for xz compression
#1635 Have ZeroConf create phpmyadmin DB if possible
Feature requests investigated
#862 Group dbs/tables by regexp
#1633 User Preferences reset should clear the value in pma__userconfig